Beloved Lemon Rosemary Chicken
This gorgeous whole chicken recipe is a tradition in my household and an exquisite easy to bake feast.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Peeled Garlic Cloves
- 1 Healthy Handful Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
- 12 Lemons (Juice)
- 1 cup Water
- Salt & Pepper
- Take a beautiful whole chicken and remove the insides.
- Wash the chicken.
- Put the whole chicken in a non-stick oven safe dish.
- Pre-Heat oven to 380* F
- Prepare the chicken:Loosen the skin by giving the chicken a few love taps.
- Lightly drizzle 1/2 cup of olive oil on the entire chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup of water + the juice of 12 lemons in the base of the dish with the chicken.
- Separately, finely and lovingly chop a healthy handful of fresh rosemary sprigs and 3 peeled garlic cloves together and mix.
- Place the rosemary and garlic seasonings on the top of the chicken, and any leftovers on the inside of the chicken.
- Place in oven, uncovered - Cook chicken for approximately 20 min per pound. Cook the chicken to an internal temperature of 165* F.
- Cook until brown and then rotate the dish while in oven to cook evenly. Baste chicken with juice from the dish while cooking in the oven.
- Once the chicken is browning more on all sides, poke holes with a knife and baste more juice from the dish while cooking.
- You can remove some of the juice into a separate saucepan while the chicken continues to cook, you will use this as a topping, or gravy, or sauce for the final dish.
- Serve with beautiful roasted potatoes and enjoy esta hermosa comida.con mucho amor - Brenda